I have been given the "I'm A Fan of Your Site" award by Kathy at Emptynester and Ann at Life's At Ann's Place! Thank you both so much for this award!
The month of April has been named "Tell "Em You're A Fan Month"! All you have to do is let your favorite bloggers know you're a fan and pass it along!
Here are the Fun Fan rules:
1. Leave a comment or an e-mail for your favorite bloggers telling them that you are a fan of their site.
2. Copy and paste the award on your post so your blogger friends can take it too!
3. When you receive more than one fan, put the number of fans you have received under the image.
4. Have fun and giving and collecting as many fans as you can!! :-) Thank you again Kathy and Ann!
And speaking of my sweet friend Ann, she gave me this beautiful "Inspiration Award" which means so much to me because she is a constant inspiration to me and I know to so many of you! She has a spirit and a love that knows no boundries! Love ya Anniepoo! :-)
My good friends Christine from Christine's Home and Travel Adventures and Athella from OCDesigner gave me the "Honest Scrap Award"! To receive this I must list 10 honest and interesting "scrappy" facts about myself and pass it on to six other bloggers. What a fun way to get to know a little more about each other! :-)
Okay, so here I go!
1. I have taught for almost 23 years now. I've taught grades 1st-4th and have been teaching preschoolers with and without special needs for the last seven years.
2. Once while the passenger in a covered wagon that was going downhill, the wagon flipped over trapping my legs under it! Around 30 minutes later, my dh was rushed to the ER with symtoms of a heart attack because he thought I died!
3. I took cello, piano, and dance when I was a girl but gave each up after two years. I think I'm fickle. :-)
4. In my "other life" I would have been a glamorous Broadway actress and dancer! lol
5. I have a crush on Tommy Lee Jones. And I think I married someone just like him ~ he was even called Tommy when he was young! :-)
6. My great uncle grew up poor and peddled candy to earn money for his family. He later started a candy company and became a multi-millionaire. A songwriter met him and was inspired to write "The Candy Man" after him because of his happy and boisterious personality. The song was made famous by Sammy Davis Jr.
7. I once spent a week in the hospital because of a Recluse spider bite on my ankle.
8. I was born in Wyoming but grew up in Texas.
9. My mother, father, and I all earned our Master's while in our early 40's.
10. I have 5 step-children, 5 nieces and nephews, 3 horses, 1 cat and 3 dogs! :-)
Now I'd like to pass this award on to:
Ann from Life at Ann's Place
Debbie from Confessions of a Plate Addict
Chari from Happy to Design
Gloria from Happy to Be
Laurie from Bargain Hunting with Laurie
Susan from Between Naps on the Porch
And all of my visitors who would like to write some Honest Scrap about themselves! :-)
Hope you're all having a great weekend and thanks so much for visiting!!